Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Feeling belief, typing it's meaning, and sharing it with the world: The religion of obscure collaboration

by Timmy and me


I believe in thunderstorms in the morning.
I believe an outfit can change your fate.
I believe in the moment when a plane takes off and you realize you’re off the runway. Flying.
I believe a tuna fish sandwich can cure most wounds.
I believe in the way old books smell.
I believe that the possibility of infinity lies within the dusk.
I believe in hiding behind my sunglasses, even when the sun is almost set.
I believe time can stand still for roughly 3 minutes and 12 seconds at a time.
I believe in saving worn out sneakers in case I need a bedtime story.
I believe in keys. That every one holds a story and a secret.
I believe in the street I grew up on.
I believe in Indian summers.
I believe in Mrs. Kordowski, my sixth grade teacher. She told me she once saw God and I've been questioning ever since.
I believe in choice of font.
I believe in coffee and its conversations.
I believe in Stick Stickly and that popsicle sticks can and will talk under the right circumstances.
i believe in safety pins.
I believe that hope is the foundation of humanity, and that love is its realization.
I believe in words. And pens that write them.
I believe in Nate Cyphert in a vocal booth.
I believe in embrace. That there's no safer feeling, no sturdier guard, than between a friend's arms.
I believe in a moment; in the whispers leading up to it and the morning afters that still your soul.


We believe in obscure things and the random evidence that proves them to be true. What do you believe in?

2 comments:

  1. I believe in my friends tonight (and every night).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe...
    ...that times you have to leave remind you why you want to stay
    ...that there is a "right dress"
    ...that aviators shouldnt eat your hair when you put them on your head
    ...that stuffed animals from back in the day are hopeful (hell they made it this far didnt they?)
    ...that peanut butter tastes good with anything but citrus
    ...that there is a light at the end of the tunnel (even with your shades on)
    ...in being driven by passion even if you cant explain it to someone who hasnt felt it
    ...in making it, even when people said you wouldnt
    ...in friends
    ...in laughter
    ...in happiness.

    ReplyDelete