Tuesday, March 10, 2009

i'm in love with you , are you in love with me too?

It's incredible to me how songs take on the shape of memories. Right where you were, exactly how he looked, the smirk you made when you realized this was probably a mistake and that you were probably going to get to remember this for the rest of your life.

Someone wrote of playlists that never end, a phrase that stopped my beating little heart like wiffle ball to the diaphragm, and not long after reading it a song cames on that wham! slammed me right back into a moment. I smirked the way I had back then.

I heard these two songs today that I think I can safely catorgize as my songs, my favorite songs. They are the ones that come on every mixtape and the ones I turn to Melana and say, "Shit! I LOVE this song!!" She just laughs because shes heard it 3 times already today and still, appreciates my awed revelation.

What's your song and moment?


...Ricky.
"Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional

No comments:

Post a Comment