Friday, March 6, 2009

Your mind's in Delirium! It's like the darkness is light.

It could be the stark theatre air that's getting to my head. Dim and brillant, I will spend the next week in the rich scent of burning gels. It makes you loopy, man. Delirious. Last night around 9pm we finally came to a breaking point. I had only consumed coffee all day and my heartbeat was freaking out. Rea was rolling all over in hysterical tears performing her version of Rent's Mimi. KButts was hiding snacks in her hoodie and Jenna had her shirt wrapped around her face in effort to survive the plague infested stage left. The spacious theatre quickly became intimate as we freely and very audibly discussed bowel movements and first times. I got a pencil thrown at me! But, apparently the light board was at fault, or so the LD's apology assured me. Cell phones were hidden everywhere; in bras, in pockets, in tights. Not anywhere on Sisco though, since she so openly found herself at need to go commando. For those of you who don't know how Q2Q's work, the cast stands from position to position while the tedious techies make us look pretty with lights. Q2Q stands for "cue to cue." We as dancers have one job at Q2Q; stand still in your spot. Hmm. Well we didn't do that but we did attempt to sing the Rugrat's rap. When at 10:30ish it was finally time to run the piece, we were shuffled behind the scrim and told to shhhhh. In those few exciting moments we made character choices to wear frazzled ponytails on the tip tops of our head -very muppetesque. We seriously debated going out in just bras but ultimately, Laura Jane our SM called our entrance before we executed.

I'm so hyper. But with little cooperation from Jem and Scout (the hernias), I can't so much work that out. So I'm sweating, in a cute little outfit that I have on purposefully to inhibit my physical activity, because I have 62 hundred new songs on 47 new playlists and I can't not shuffle around! A shimmy shimmy pow pow POW! Right, Mishka?? And suddenly I know what's been missing from me all this time. It could be the stark theatre air that's getting to my heart.



...Ricky Tiki Tavi.
"Where Were You" by: Every Avenue

2 comments: