Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Eh, Eh

Writing about this scene (whether you believe it exists or not) has made the magic die just a little for me. I see the same kinds of things every night and at times I'll admit I struggle to see the allurement that I once was so taken by. In converting from blogs to reviews I have found the need to write in unfringed truths and this has forced me to realize some of these bands just aren't that mind blowing. It is for this reason that I am taking this paragraph to formally announce my resignation from scene (yes, I said it again) writing.

Yeah right.
Like I'd give some of you that kind of satisfaction. Nah, instead I'd just like to thank all my readers who have been getting in touch with me lately.

My readers are stellar! I've been finding that getting to know you guys is a whole new level of dynamic in the Streetlight endeavor. Let's see, mostly you like to tell me stories of band boys you've met (it totally IS cool that John O. took a walk with you!) and ask me questions about my hair (yes, I did razor blade it), my wardrobe choices (never function over 'fashion'), and who is single in the Long Island music bunch. (I always say anybody's got a shot!)

Still, what I like most about my readers specifically is your confidence and insight. It's so impressive and inspiring to me. I like that you come talk to me, wanna tell me what your favorite blog is and why. I ADORE that you make suggestions and wanna toss ideas around with me. It gets me out of the gutter a lot of us are feeling in these days. Right now I'm talking to AnthonyInColor about how none of us can afford gas to get to each other, to Rob24 about having too much time to think, and to NewKidChris about unbearable between-show boredom. Keep sending those messages, making those comments and stating your presence. You guys make this shit feel okay.


"Life's like a ballroom, if you'll pardon the metaphor. If you hear something you like, don't analyze it, just dance to it."




...Ricky.
Lady Gaga stuff. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment