Tuesday, September 22, 2009

on golden pond, on golden pond- how!

I wish today was Mother's Day so that I could give my mama flowers and say I'm sorry for being so fricken weird.

I'm sorry for the time I ran over the pear tree with the go-cart. I'm sorry for the time I ran over Bobby with the go-cart. I'm sorry for when I climbed on the roof and broke into the house cuz I forgot my key. Why, you nearly had a heart attack when you saw the window screen out. I'm sorry for always wanting to be in Madison and never wanting to be in for dinner. I'm sorry for making you glue rhinestones in my hair and falsies on my eyes. I'm sorry for that time I faked you out and pretended to sprain my ankle. I thought it was funny. I'm sorry for laughing at things when they go wrong, I know you hate that. I'm sorry for trying to hide having a hard time from you, for going to school soo far away and for staying there after I was graduated. I'm sorry for dying my hair a bunch of different colors and for piercing my nose twice. I'm sorry for the black nail polish and loud My Chemical Romance. Sorry for the attitude. I wish it was Grandma's Day so she could be here to slap me around for ya. "Erica Ann, don't you ever tell your mother to shut up! ...oh for god sakes Kelly, SHUT UP!"


Tomorrow I'm goin to see my mama. To listen to her cackle at her own jokes and gossip about the family. To hear her say, "Oh god Erica...your hair..." I'm going home to have my mama yell at me for calling her mama and to hear her probably talk about Nate Cyphert all day.


Good god, I am just like my mother.






...Ricky.
"On Golden Pond anthem" by: Katherine Hepburn and Jane Fonda

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Going away from home can really make you appreciate your mother and the little quirks she has. Why not make everyday Mother's Day?

    ReplyDelete