Thursday, September 3, 2009

now i'm hungover...

"Only promise me one thing; don't take me home till I'm drunk. Till I'm very drunk indeed."

Lovedrunk.

So yes, perhaps the new BoysLikeGirls does sound like Jon Bon Jovi in his "Have A Nice Day" days, but who's to say that this was any kind of dilemma or ordeal in the first place. And I do say..."oh shit." I just fell for another song I swore that I wouldn't. Boys, Erica, you're supposed to fall for real boys! Yet basically, I just think non-red fire engines are silly. You feel me?

If you can make any sense of this, then pull up a stool and I'll fix you a mix cuz this is what my head sounds like to me currently. What the hell am I talking about...I took myself on a ride to figure out just that.

I drove to a place that would make me acknowledge how far I've come. It was a place that took exactly an 1/8 of a tank to get to and a place I couldn't find back in the day to save the life of me. I'd never been so apprehensive and clueless before. It's a place next to something now familiar and far from being something I want to remember forever. Why is it, that I know so well how to get to the bad places? I am thrown when In Brooklyn and can be misplaced in East Meadow in a Heartbeat. The places of truer faith are harder to revisit.

Nothing has changed in the place I went to, I realized that almost instantly as I made the left hand turn. In the next instant I realized that neither would I have if I'd stayed still. I stayed still for long enough as it was. It set me on edge when a band from back in this day came on the stereo and I changed it quickly only to hear another one. I ducked behind the air freshener when I thought I saw the house dog and thought, geez, this is too close of an encounter with an infamously undemiseable past.

But because I'd been there I knew where the turn around was. And I left playing the Cab, Miley Cyrus, Hyland, and Mr. Drew. I knew by the sounds of the choruses that things had changed and I had progressed. While back then I jittered to find my way home at a disgusting hour in the morning, I can now hold that ice cream and steer with one hand at an anonymous mile per hour, leaving the other hand to dial duty and diva diction pointing. I actually sound just like Alex Gaskarth...y'all are just never around to hear it! Helena's my main squeeze. That's not changed.


A watched pot never boils. Well, maybe a conspired love never spills over with truth. Maybe it takes two to tango but only one fuck the whole thing up. Maybe there's a reason fire engines are most recognizably red. Maybe there isn't. Maybe there's a song for the confusing bullshit coming out of my head and through my fingers. Maybe Martin and the Boys aren't so "omg, are they serious?" after all. They are serious. These eyes are the exact opposite.

"She's a phony. But! She's a real phony."

We have all done things we don't want to do, we have all been people we don't want to be. But in this case, yes I do in fact think it reputable enough to go with a more dancey feel. I mean why the hell not.







...Ricky.
"Lovedrunk" by: BoysLikeGirls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQUi5vWfRoY

No comments:

Post a Comment