Thursday, September 17, 2009

Forethought.

He closed his eyes as if keeping them open would be too much for the moment to bear. He was young, and perfect. I was dressed up, and inexplicably damned. It could have been the way the old songs hit my ears or the way he pronounced his "baby"s. It was most likely the pants he was wearing. Unsure as to whether he was for the better or worse this time, I realized I had lost myself months ago and it didn't really matter anyways. I smiled. He sang. She sighed.

Oh I am home.
Radio commented with me at Angels&Kings about the set of songs that made us feel we were so much younger. It made us feel like we were at a show after spending the day at that playground; me making fun of Kev's hair, Kev hitting on Radio, Radio being weirder than Andrebaby, Andrebaby defending Jaybird, Jaybird laughing at Rob's golf swing, Rob calming Matt down, Matt being sarcastically nasty to Lo, and Lo silently freaking out to me via text while sitting right next to all of us on those swings we loved so much. He pushed. I floated. She shook her head. I could tell a thousand stories about those days before Stereo hit the skyline. But I didn't have to tonight. Kevin sang them. In 6 syllables or less to the outro of Uptown Get Around, a song we used to know by another more drama-filled title. I am glad for the distinction. Those are times glazed by change and protected by cigarette smoke. Days when I lived on instinct lit up only by the streetlights that line Front Street on the way home from East Meadow. Yes, this blog is named for then.



...I had this drafted before the last blog went up. I thought it fair to post since it was a real record of my reactions and since it is so wildly different from my opinion of the Vibe show. I hope if you don't understand you at least enjoy, either in starry amusement or tasteful disgust. Love.





Ricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment