Thursday, October 15, 2009

Remember when you said that you could save me?

I wanna trip and fall.
But when I do, I want to fall into somebody else.

Spending Wednesday night in the basement that is the Vibe Lounge yet again, I stand short next to MikeCondition, who has so graciously accompanied me on my excursion out of the depths of cyber space. I swear if tinnitus doesn't do me in, wonky eyesight will.

The boys of The Right Coast are scattered about the near-empty venue. The last time I saw them they were here in flip-flops and tanks in the dead of summer. Brandon Ehrgood's look had thrilled me then, but his set hadn't. Regardless, I stand next to this front man some 4 months later and get the same old rush. I consider that it's much like the feeling I had with Mr. Stereo AFTER he got signed or Nick Santino BEFORE I hung around him. Impressions and rumors tell me they are less than heroic, but my scene kid smiles are inevitable. Standing next to Brandon, it's probably not so much him that gives me smiles, but more so his hair and voice. I can be so predictable sometimes.

At set time the songs didn't impress me any more than they hadn't this summer. Sloppiness doesn't impress me. But there is something about The Right Coast that makes me very very sad. No. That lets me be very sad.

There is so much stress on the characters of this blog lately. Money and ultimatums, tour schedules and poor health. And all of us have our acts to cover up with; the fierce one, the happy one, the heartless one, the mysterious one. We rarely break down for anyone, we rarely even let each other see our weaknesses. Tonight it was the know-it-all one who nearly crashed my own facade.

Characteristically, he made a twisted comment before thinking over how it would sound to me. I was hit, but too stubborn in my act to lay down and accept the cut. I moved away and shamelessly watched the voice with the thrilling hair, soon finding myself in that predictable place with the same old rush.

Don't ever let anyone take your scene kid smile from you. I know how hard you have worked for just those few songs in a set. I know that it's probably the only place you feel safe, at home. Maybe it's the only place you feel it is okay to be sad in, the only time it's alright to drop your act. So don't let any ill-tongued motives take it away from you. Your slow motion moments are yours to make however big or small you want to remember them as.

That being said...

Dear Long Island kids,
Bands are going to stop touring through here if you don't all quit being a bunch of bitches. 40 faces for the local band, down to 7 for TRC, down to just me, Mike, and Travis for SSDC? Really? These bands want to play for you, get off your lazy asses and come out to their shows. Otherwise, I hope you'll be happy with a collective lame identity and no reasons to get away from your nagging parents.
Loooveeee, Terica.

Thaaat being said...

Dear Secret Secret Dino Club,
If you want kids to stay at your show, maybe don't treat them like you don't give a shit. Thanks.
Loooveeee, Terica.


I spent Wednesday night in a place I've spent maybe a thousand others. This venue would be so different in memory and experience if it ever rendered any cell phone service for me at all. But time stands still at the Vibe Lounge and all outside going ons must wait until after the rock show. I kind of like it that way. I feel, at home. When you're hear, you're hear. A touring drummer warms up behind us and I glance at MikeCondition. He rolls his eyes at my smile. I can be just so predictable sometimes.

Dear Long Island music scene,
Please stop giving up. I believe in you and you're making me look like an idiot. I wanna trip and fall into

Love.




...Terica.
"This Is Now" by: The Right Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment