Saturday, January 10, 2009

a.k.a. RICKY

WTF! Pasta is single-handedly quickly proved itself as the most difficult dish to cook. First of all, nobody freakin told me to break spaghetti, linguini, fettucini, or any other longular shaped pasta. I feel sheltered. Secondly, my rigatonis have been on sufficient heat for way more than 4-7 minutes Timothy and no, they are not Al Dente! It's a good thing Sisco has put out pickles for appetizer. I love things that come pre-amazing.
In other news, we decoded our dreams at breakfast again. I dreamt that the ghost was making a sandwich in the kitchen and Sisco dreamt she shoved a cookie in this girls face who'd stolen her phone. Bitch. We went to the gym where I realized that my brace really isn't that fun to wear, nor is it fashionable buuut it's manageable. We visited the Bucks where I tested the pH of cinnamon dolce syrup and green tea. We erranded at CVS where we stole a barcode sticker that said, "Rain Bonnet" just because we found it hysterical. Now I'm here. With some chewy rigatonis blogging while Sisco reads Newsday's Long Island Weddings magazine. Your dosage of Rica's Book Corner:

1.4.08
Here I am, a sunny afternoon in the beginning of January in Sean O'Kane's car on our way to scoop Colin. Judging from the digital glow of the radio clock we are probably going to miss their set, yet somehow its about getting there anyways; about the together rather than the trek. Colin and I sit in the backseat pretty helpless and mostly useless with our Ray-Bans and aviators on, snapping our gum and pointing out a car trying to do a 3-point turn on an off-ramp. Idiot. Sean tells the story upon request of how Bryce Rocket and his wife Summer came to know him by name. I, of course, am smitten. We are driving rambunctously over potholes and parkways trying to get to the boys as efficiently as possible. I feel like we're gonna make it...
~1/2 hr. later~
...We didn't make it. We pulled in as they were loading the van but strangely enough, I didn't mind at all. Randi was there, and Emma, and Anthony who have come to rather love. Dob, who was chained to the merch table like a champ, and Timmy who in his signature bright colors was bouncier than I've ever seen him. Nate was there, who lately has hushed my world like I'm meeting him all over again. I feel sometimes that all at once I'm looking at our same ol' Nate but also squinting to see a mysterious stranger. Jay and Andre called the epic bass drop in 'Dakota' an 808. I guess if there was ever a time to cue that in my life, it'd be one of those times I look at Nate to make sense of things. All the side stories stop and wait for me while I take a break and look through him to see how differently things look on the other side. He's like my decoder, one made of stained glass. Nicky was there who was just...really good to see again. Has it been a month? And Stevie, who helped Mike sandwich me into not spoiling my surprise birthday cupcakes. Randi Resolve made me birthday cupcakes! Its been a few days now and I'm still thinking that that was one of the best birthdays thus far. Maybe 2nd only to the ice skating suprise in Syracuse (I still give those 315ers mad props for pulling that off!). There was no place I'd rather have been than in a cold and quirky circle behind a big ass red tour van hearing the pushed off-key singing of 'Happy Birthday' (except for you Steve, you sounded amazing).
We invented a wrist band dosey doe to escape door fees. Between that and the 30 bands that were apparently on the bill, the evening was more than entertaining; Teal skinnies, piggy back rides, tic tac toe, British heart thieves, hat swapping, paper wars with Teamwork, seeing Travis again, ugly looks, shifty eyes, the EMart impression, Victorious disappointment, phonecalls, voicemails, side stage vs. main stage, cool shoes, why not- let's play acoustic!, that punk girl with the crazy ass hair, and scouting scene boys with Nicky C. I passed notes with Nick in the diner after and ordered something other than a quesadilla. Mike wasn't happy. The ride home in the van was...good. Good music makes for good nights.


Mike + Crash Romeo = <3 4ever.
...Rica.

"Summer Satellites" by: Stereo Skyline

1 comment: