Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Oh my gosh, you work with her!"

"Where's the Love"
What a perfect question. There's love in the sloppy dance party that two of my co-workers are having right now in the living room for no audience at all. It's definitely behind the locked doors that my other housemate and a friend are in. It's in the electric purple nail polish that these drunks brought Sisco back from the city. I guess right now for me it's in this book. I love this book. It holds all the sentences that are behind the looks i give and all the truths my smile never speaks. Have you ever felt the way it feels to be brushed off? Have you ever been able to sleep through four wasted housemates but not through the headache you gave yourself from getting so worked up over things you can't control? Have you ever known no one was coming but waited up anyways.
We are all so worried about what comes next; trying to get a step ahead before we're two steps behind. And it all happens so fast. Does anyone else feel like they need new running shoes? I feel like we're all living in the shadows of ourselves. Younger, prettier, less broken versions of ourselves. What happened to us? And why are we so unsatisfied with ourselves now?

My thoughts ended. Timmy says that's okay. Sometimes thoughts end, without answers. I'm not sure I even understand the questions anymore. Hope that's okay too.



...Ricky.
"Where is the Love" by: Black Eyed Peas

1 comment:

  1. It's always okay. Things work out..."when you've got friends by your side."

    ReplyDelete