Friday, May 8, 2009

I kept it here incase I'd run into you.

When life gives you lemons, you don't always have to make lemonade. You can make martgueritas if you want.

Sometimes. Hm. Sometimes the wrong things happen for the right reasons. I have been through so many emotions already this morning and I've only been awake for an hour. I woke up pissed, bc that oh so familiar "Dakota" alarm tone blared just as he was going to kiss me. And then I was reflective, of the days leading up to this one. It was the thought of this work that actually got my ass outta bed. I was nervous in the shower, not because I have to play the ukulele in front of an unsuspecting audience in a few hours, but bc I am assured by my clumsy record that I would slip and break my pancreas in the shower. Then I was happy, with fan mail from my baby cousins on my desk, freshly colored kittens and princesses to hang on my wall. And then I was humbled. Maybe even regretful, getting a facebook message that made me wish I could say something to make it better. I often feel like I have all these words and can't say the right thing to a friend in pain. I'm looking for the right ones.

Today is the infamous Student Choreography Workshop and after that, the curious Say It Was Love... at 7pm. You should come, I hear the artist director is real cute.




...Ricky.
"Fear of Flying" A Rocket to the Moon

1 comment:

  1. Your words are perfect. They heal, help, humble, haunt and hold people like me accountable for our actions. They're brilliant, brave, broad, believing and bigger than you think. It's powerful, purposeful, plentiful and penetrating in all the proper ways. They are reasonable, recognizable, real, and perhaps most importantly, reflective of the heart (giant in size) that exists behind them. You say it was love, I say it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete