Monday, April 13, 2009

Humor is my Fiercest Quality (weekend part 3)

My body was shaky with exhaustion but I just couldn't stop going. I stopped for coffee on the way to CT because I was falling asleep at the wheel, was minimally disgruntled by a man not knowing how to make a latte that I literally needed to stay alive. But I walked backed to the parking lot and meddled around a streetlight pole littered with stickers until I found a band I knew, smiled at the Styrofoam Junkies pride, and got back in the car.

Easter this year was in the middle ground of New Haven, and you just can't get more random than that. I spent the day in absolute hysterics, redoing my makeup 3 times because my family is just too freakin funny. Though I'm sure you had to be there, these are things I recorded:

Bobby, all bothered, enters the elevator. "Figures," he huffs, "No sports section in the damn Wall Street Journal."

We parked next to a big white van at the hotel that my Dad reported had pulled in real late last night and left beer cans around the tires. Sure signs! I tried to discreetly peek in the windows for a glimpse of road cases and bass caps. Bobby harrassed me, "Ohh Erica's gonna write in her journal now- 'I almost had a run-in with fate. I almost saw a band, they probably would have known me.' loll.

"Kudos Daddy!" -Bobby

Mom- "Slow down so we can read the signs..."
Dad- "We are doing 21 Roxane!"

Parked by the wharf:
Bob- "We look like a bunch of terrorists right now."
Dad- "Oh yeah?"
Me- "Terrorists, Bob?"
Bob- "TOURISTS maybe."
Dad- "They're cameras not guns, Bob!"
Bob- "Psht, same thing with Mom!"

Silence in the truck. Then, Mom:
"I think I just saw a drug deal."
Silence.
"The guy walked up to a door. One guy gave him something. He gave the one guy something. There was an EXCHANGE."
Silence.
"I'm telling you, you guys think I'm crazy but I saw a drug deal!"


Mom- "Gimme some of those M&M's, I'm getting nauseous."
Dad- "From what?? Lack of food??"
Mom- "Noo...from looking at the water."
Bob- "Uh ohh be careful Mom, it's raining out. Don't look!"

Mom made Dad turn down a tightly spaced driveway insisting that it was not permit parking only despite a big red sign. She was wrong.
Dad- "Now it's gonna take me like- a 40 point turn to get the hell outta here!!"
Mom- "Okay let's see...1....2....oh...You made it in SIX!"

My Mom wanted to "just hang out" in the parking garage all day. "Eddie, park in a big spot in case we wanna party later!"


No comment, to any of the above. Lol. After having an Easter dinner of finger foods in an Irish pub, we drove opposite ways on I-95.

1 comment: