Monday, April 13, 2009

Spontaneity is my Freshest Quality (weekend part one)

Alright alright, we need to start blogging again! 140 characters just doesn't blow my mind the same way. Unfortunately there is this gap between my fingers and my brain, Web MD refers to it as "the common cold," but my mother still thinks I'm dying. No Mom, I am not going to urgent care. Consequently, I have just had the most ridiculous and awesome 4 days since...well since the last time I had such an extended adventure, and all I have are notes and half paragraphs characterizing in-moment deets. Maybe I should try and do this now:


Thursday night I innocently sat in Starbucks with Ms. Ashley Chandler visiting Phil and Mandy on their close. We had every intention of doing our work amidst the free caffiene, yet the next thing I knew we were scooping Lo Lo Perez in Officer Matt's car and discovering Ladies' Nite was till 1am at Fallon's. Ah, how quickly it became a Show. I remember everything from the bar; Lo and I drinking lots of terrible wine, flirting cigarettes out of boys standing on the street, and those rich guys who were so entertained with our sarcastic attitudes. We drunk texted a couple of pop scene rockstars...what a terribly fantastic idea that was! Apparently all I wanted to know from Kev was if Travis Clark was nice. lol, thank you for reassuring me Mr. Stereo. I remember we sung Taylor Swift really loud in Phil's car, and that we saw Show Me Jack at the Lantern. The rest I'm pretty sure was "oh no you did not just say that that loud" and "put that away!" A few drunk texts to Jay later I was safe in bed with no inkling that I wouldn't be soundly in it again for the next four days.

Friday was the unplanned day. We were allowed to skip dance, thank god, and I woke up slowly in effort to gently recall details of the night before. The outbox is usually the worst part. This morning it made me laugh. At noon I decided I HAD to have lunch with Jay, but by the time all the texts were exchanged and I actually got my ass into East Meadow, it was about a half hour until Score 24 practice. We got our first meal at 7Eleven and appropriately ate it at a park; apples and peanut butter watching a game of tennis. That Mom was wayy too into her game, let the kid play wall ball with the other hooligans. Then to Ryan24's for practice. I brought my book with every intention of writing as I have in KOS, stereo, tC, and JV3 practices, but even for a scene queen like me this rehearsal was unexpected. Here's what's worth mentioning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment